Created in 2010, this Node was launched and remains under the leadership of the Ministry of Technical Education and Vocational Training of Côte d'Ivoire. The ICQN-TVSD is a space open to all initiatives on technical and vocational training, to support them, to link them together and, ultimately, to mobilize them in a coherent way to allow a pooling of skills around Africa. This pole is composed of 20 member countries, French, English and Portuguese speaking from the various sub-regions of the continent.
The general objective of our pole is to enable public and private officials engaged in policies of reform of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) to benefit from the pooling of experiences, the sharing of good practices and evaluations carried out in this field at regional, sub-regional and continental levels. We thus hope to take up, in a concerted manner, the challenges that are common to all African countries, namely: to promote the professional integration of the many young people who are excluded from the world of work and to significantly raise the level of skills of the entire working population so as to promote growth rich in added value for the development of our continent.
To act as a catalyst and disseminator of innovative policies and practices in the field of vocational training for all member countries.
Africa has all the skills it needs to give itself a geopolitical future commensurate with its natural, social, cultural and especially human resources.
- To enhance and support the dynamics underway by the ministries of employment and vocational training in African countries;
- To provide a forum for sharing and analysing African policies in the field of TVET;
- To provide a platform of expertise that can support countries, upon request, in implementing policies, systems and tools that enable adults and young people to acquire the skills required by the world of work.
- Strengthen inter-ministerial relations and communication by revitalizing the network of member country focal points;
- Provide a unique platform for member countries to share experiences and collaborate on TVET issues;
- Conducting studies aimed at effectively addressing the economic and social challenges of sustainable development in Africa through the development of TVET.
- A conference of ministers in charge of TVSD in Abidjan on two occasions: in July 2010 and in October 2011.
- An inter-country seminar on the integration of youth into the world of work (Abidjan, 3-4 December 2012)
- An inter-country seminar on national certification frameworks (Abidjan, 8-9 July 2013)
- A preparatory workshop for the 2014 Ministerial Conference on Youth Employment. The workshop focused on the finalization of country studies on national strategies for training, insertion and job creation for youth (Abidjan, 31 March and 1 April 2014)
- ICQN-TVSD Inclusion Working Group Meeting (2012)
- Ministerial Conference on Youth Employment (Abidjan, 21-23 July 2014)
- ADEA and ICQN-TVSD launch seminar to find solutions to education and training in Africa (2016)
- ADEA's compendium of African ICQN-TVSD country experiences shows the shift from education and training to the education-training-work continuum (2017)
- Study validation seminar (is this study the same as the one just below? If yes, delete this line)
- ADEA, ICQN-TVSD and partners met in Accra for the validation of the Education-Training-Labour Continuum in Africa (2019) study
- Continuity and Discontinuity of Training and Work Arrangements in Africa: ICQN-TVSD Study on the Education-Training-Work Continuum (2017 -2019)
- Rethinking the role of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Future Work and Lifelong Learning, in light of digitalization (2020)
- Africa: How can technical and vocational education help address future pandemics? Link
- ADEA and its ICQN-TVSD meet to assess the Education-Training-Labour continuum in Africa. Link
- Africa and Youth Skills Development. Link
- Why is technical and vocational skills development crucial for many young Africans? Link
- A Compendium of African Experiences in Promoting the Implementation of the Education and Training Continuum: A state-of-the art cross-national analysis of policy and practice in 16 countries. Link
- Qualification in Africa: A Paradigm Shift to Technical and Vocational Skills Development. Link
- The case of the bridging classes in Côte d'Ivoire. Link
- The Learning, Training, Working Continuum: Definitional, historical and future perspectives PQIP/DCTP Education and training Continuum. Link
- Education/training continuum mechanisms: commonalities and specificities between the mechanisms implemented by the ICQN-TVSD participating countries. Link
- Summary report of the ICQN-TVSD inter-country seminar on the Education - Training continuum of 07-08 November 2016. Link
- The Education-Training Continuum : An analysis of the concept and its implications for education and training policies in Africa. Link
- Summary of the Benin report on the E/T continuum PQIP/DCTP Education and training Continuum. Link
- Translate into English and disseminate the study on "Continuities and discontinuities of education and training systems in Africa
- Situational analysis of the impact of Covid-19 on TVET in ICQN-TVSD member countries
- Identify and enhance the remediation and integration mechanisms of the continuum at the sub-regional level in order to scale them up to the sub-regional level
- Initiate, through the Promoters' Forum, cooperative work between promoters to improve the structure and effectiveness of the schemes for which they are responsible
- Model the presentation of the continuum devices described at the sub-regional level and publish them
- Development of the ICQN-TVSD Strategic Framework
ADEA's ICQN-TVSD is hosted by the Secretariat of State for Technical Education and Vocational Training
Ministry of Technical and Vocational Training
Abidjan, Plateau Tour A, 3rd floor
Tel : +225 2720218157